About Us | Advertise With Us | Contact Us
August 20, 2014, 12:50 am

Rapist of two girls gets 100-year sentence

Drug Investigation

The Philadelphia District Attorney’s office has charged a suspect in a drug investigation in which the defendant had set up an indoor marijuana growing operation.

On January 7, bail was set at $2 million dollars for Marcus Rolon, 22, of the 1800 block of East Sedgley Avenue. Rolon has been charged with possession with intent to distribute, conspiracy, knowing with intent to distribute and possession of an instrument of crime in connection with a grow house. Carlos Rodriguez, 39, is also facing similar charges.

On Sunday, police officers in the East Division discovered the house while responding to a report of a burglary in progress. When they arrived at the home on East Sedgley Avenue they found the door open and bolt cutters on the ground. The officers immediately noticed the smell of marijuana, and when they went inside they found 8 pounds of bulk marijuana, 16 marijuana plants, lamps, generators, electrical cords and light bulbs.


Rapist Sentenced

A defendant was sentenced to more than 100 years in prison for attacking two girls.

Travis Truesdale, 22, a.k.a. Markus Underwood, was sentenced on January 4 by Judge Rayford Means to 53 to 107 years in prison. He had been charged with rape, unlawful contact with a minor, unlawful restraint, attempted involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, robbery, aggravated indecent assault and violation of probation.

Truesdale pleaded guilty to the October 2011 attacks on two girls in the 35th police district. On October 15, 2011, Truesdale approached a 13-year-old girl at a bus stop on the 100 block of Olney Avenue. He allegedly attacked the girl, dragged her into an alleyway, forcibly assaulted her and then robbed her. After fighting Truesdale off, the victim ran home to report the assault. The defendant then returned to the same bus stop just a few minutes later where he allegedly attacked a 16-year-old girl. He allegedly pulled her into another alley, held her down and forcibly raped her. The girl’s screams drew the attention of neighbors who intervened. The neighbors were able to hold the defendant down until police arrived. When police did arrive the defendant tried to escape but was quickly apprehended.

“It is due only to the courage of these two girls and the intervention of Good Samaritans that this violent predator has been removed from our streets,” said Assistant District Attorney Kristen Kemp during the defendant’s sentencing hearing during which both victims testified against their attacker. Judge Means stated that he imposed a severe sentence because the crimes were so heinous, and he needed to protect society from the defendant hurting others.


Contact Larry Miller at (215) 893-5782 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .